Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Greenmaker Building Supply

Hey

Through A Fresh Squeeze email update, I was able to find a local building company named Greenmaker Building Supply that is focused on environmentally friendly materials and building processes. They are located here in Chicago on Pulaski. The fact that they are a local company motivated to bringing their clients the most effective building materials really excites me. I encourage you to check out the web site for their products and services.

As I said before, I found this information through the A Fresh Squeeze web site. I have found the updates very useful. You will want to give it a try.

The city of Chicago is playing with different ideas on how to make the city more green. There was an article in yesterday's Chicago Tribune that describes ways from improving the transportation emissions in both CTA vehicles and taxis, to new recycling programs.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/services/newspaper/printedition/tuesday/chi-tue_goinggreen_1106nov06,0,4369109.story

It should be noted though that the city is considering removing plans to improve the blue cart program because of budget concerns. This is alarming and we should not let the city bypass the recycling program just because they can't manage their books.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chi-council06nov06,0,85092.story

Let me know of any stories/topics/pics coming up and I will get them on the blog.

Mike

No comments: